2. Allow nothing in vagina. No fingers, no tampons, no oral-genital contact, no bath water, no swimming pool water, no speculum, no penis, nothing whatsoever!
3. Wear something loose-fitting with no panties.
4. If you are leaking and need something for sitting, use clean towels fresh out of a hot dryer.
5. Take your temperature every 4 hours while you are awake. Normal range is 35.5 to 37.3 Degrees Centigrade or 96 to 99 Degrees Fahrenheit. If it goes above the upper ranges, drink some water, retake it and if your temperature remains up call your medical person. It could be a sign of infection.
6. Take 250mg Vitamin C every 3 hours while you are awake. Oranges, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, red peppers are all good sources.
7. No baths. Shower as much as you like.
8. Eat foods that are non-constipating and easy to digest. Especially avoid foods with MSG or nitrates, such as pizza, Chinese food, or deli meats. These foods can make you vomit in the birth process.
9. Be meticulous about toileting. Wipe from front to back, and wash hands carefully after.
l0. If the water is colored green or brown (meconium), or if it has a bad smell (sign of infection), let your medical person know.